NBC 202: Mandatory Rules Of Thumb Load Bearing Masonry
- Download 274
- File Size 806.96 KB
- Total View 706
- Create Date August 23, 2018
- Last Updated May 14, 2020
The objective of NBC 202: Mandatory Rules Of Thumb Load Bearing Masonry is to achieve the appropriate earthquake-resistant design of those buildings in Nepal which are :
- not normally engineered
- constructed of fired brick or stone masonry in cement or mud mortars
- not more than two storeys high if built in stone masonry in cement mortar or fired brick in mud masonry
- not more than three storeys high if built of fired brick in a cement mortar.
This document includes suitable illustrations to explain the important points, sketches and sufficient data to proportion the critical strength elements correctly. The requirements are based on pre-engineered design calculations of typical structures meeting prescribed criteria.