NBC 114: Construction Safety
- Download 60
- File Size 193.97 KB
- Total View 100
- Create Date August 23, 2018
- Last Updated May 14, 2020
The purpose of NBC 114: Construction Safety is to a provide reasonable degree of safety to construction-related personnel in building and civil construction works. Provisions of this Standard shall not be considered as contradictory to the provisions in the laws, by-laws and any other statuary requirements enforced by the appropriate authorities in Nepal. The provisions in this standard are the minimum requirements that are to be adopted during building and other civil construction or demolition work.
- The requirement for compliance with this Standard should be incorporated in all construction contracts.
- In this Standard, references to material storage also include material handling operations. Other important construction operations such as the erection of foundations, walls, roofs and framed structures, and the erection and use of temporary structures have also been addressed. Provisions to be observed during demolition work are also included.
- Specific safety requirements for the use of explosives in construction and demolition work, for electrical works and for insurance for health and safety have been considered very strictly in this standard. The correct use of ladders, staged platforms, etc, are also covered.
- Depending upon the nature, of the site conditions and, more specifically, the size and volume of the work, the provisions of this standard may not be sufficient. In such a situation, the appropriate requirements for safety should be investigated in detail and incorporated in the design, specification of works and other contractual documents.
- The basic concepts used in deriving this Standard are based on those of the National Building Code of India and the relevant Indian safety standards therein, and the Health and Safety at Work Act of the United Kingdom.