- Download 102
- Total View 4
- File Size 8 MB
- File Count 1
- Last Updated August 24, 2023
The guidelines cover the design of plain jointed cement concrete pavement and brief descriptions for the reinforced
and pre-stressed cement concrete pavement. The guidelines are applicable for roads having a daily commercial
traffic (vehicle-laden weight exceeding 3 T) of over 450. They are not applicable to low-volume rural roads.
The guidelines include a procedure for the design of pavements with widened outer lane tied concrete shoulder, pavements bonded to cemented sub-base, the design of longitudinal joints, and expansion and contraction joints. The main features of the guidelines are listed:
- Design of pavements considering the combined flexural stress under the simultaneous action of load and temperature gradient for different categories of axles,
- Design for bottom-up fatigue cracking caused by single and tandem axle load repetitions,
- Design for top-down fatigue cracking caused by single, tandem, and Tridem axle load applications,
- Design guidelines for pavements without concrete shoulders and with tied concrete shoulders,
- Consideration of Concrete slabs with unbounded as well as bonded cement bound sub-base and
- Design of pavements with widened outer lanes.